LAWS OF MALAYSIA
MDC Publishers concentrates on publishing books pertaining to Laws of Malaysia, which work closely with the National Government Printers.
MDC Publishers has established itself as one of Malaysia foremost information providers for the legal and regulatory professions. With over 600 over acts/statutes being kept and made available to customers, MDC Publishers offers a wide ra nge primarily English/Bahasa Malaysia language legal, taxation, accountancy and regulatory publications, the company's material is expertly tailored for professionals and non professionals.
In today's complex and fast-changing legal and regulatory environment, MDC Publishers expert local editorial team has its finger on the pulse tracking the region's most recent developments, with publications reflecting the very latest i ssues in Malaysian law. Providing an essential library of reference tools, manuals and in-depth analyses, MDC Publishers delivers essential information that is current, comprehensive and authoritative.
With over 35 years of experience and heritage in legal publishing, MDC Publishers offers detailed and specialist knowledge, understanding, interpretation and commentary across a wide range of subjects.
Over the past 30 years, MDC Law Publications has published materials for more than 15,000 law enforcement agencies throughout Malaysia. Schools, hospitals, corporations, Law Faculties, Colleges, and Government departments including many other entities also use these essential publications.
We hope to accomplish our purpose by:
- Working hand in hand with local law enforcement agencies.
- Developing and publishing with up-to-date amendments.
- Providing exceptional service to law enforcement and the communities that they represent.
GOVERNMENT EXAM REFERENCE PUBLICATIONS
MDC Publishers is one of the nation's leading publishers of the government exam reference books. We produce titles annually, on topics such as leadership and change management, strengthening democratic institutions, citizen empowerment through participation, economic and financial management, effective public service delivery, teaching of public administration and policy and others related subjects.
The government is the largest employer in Malaysia, with nearly one million workers, a number that is growing every year. MDC Publishers helps government employment applicants master the material they need to succeed. Applicants are required to take and pass a comprehensive civil service team, including people interested in specific government careers such as law enforcement, clerical work, air traffic control, as well as the majority of postal jobs.
MDC Publishers acts as an agent for the following agencies;
- National Printers Malaysian Berhad
- Department of statistics
- Royal Customs and Excise Department of Malaysia(INTAN)
- Malaysia Institute of Integrity
MDC Publishers is a member of the ;
- Malaysia External Trade Development Corporation (MATRADE)
- Kuala Lumpur Malay Chamber of Commerce (KLMCC)
- Malaysian Book Importers and Exporters Associations
- Malaysian Book Publishers Associations
- Malaysian Booksellers Association
MDC also concentrates on publishing business-to-business trade directories to promote Malaysia products and services worldwide.
These Directories are focused mainly on serving the needs of Malaysian small and medium enterprises ("SMEs"), albeit reaching out to different geographic markets.
MDC has a wide distribution network for its directories spanning various IE offices, trade associations and chambers, trade fairs and exhibitions around the world. This global distribution maximises the exposure of the Malaysian companies listed in various trade directories.
Our flagship directory especially the bestselling "Importers, Exporters and Manufacturers in Malaysia" has boosted its effort to facilitate international trade and business matching.
We have other publications in pipeline for International Export Market like the;
- Doing Business in Malaysia
- Importers, Exporters and Manufacturers in Malaysia
- Atlas of Food Exchanges & Portion Sizes (2nd Edition)
- Customs Tariff Codes Applicable to Import and Export of Malaysian Products
- Buyers in U.S.A for Malaysian Products
- Malaysian Exporters to Singapore
- Customs Duties (Goods Under Agreement on Comprehensive Economic Partnership Among Members States of the Asean and Japan) Order
- Customs Duties (Goods of Asean Countries Origin) (Asean Harmonized Tariff Nomenclature and Common Effective Preferential Tariff) Order
- Notes on Knee Replacement
- The Modern Compendium Of Halal, Volume 1: The Essence Of Halal
- Halal Guidebook. Guide For Food Producers
- Handbook For Pre-School Teachers And Parents
MDC Publishers actively involved in getting rights from International Publishers like the United Nations, World Bank, International Labour Organization, World Health Organization, Oxfam, Commonwealth Secretariat to publish locally bilingual versions of their printed materials in English and Bahasa Malaysia. The company retain ed its own qualified translator to translate and produce publications of other languages. It also has under its employment a qualified proof-reader.
BUYING TRANSLATION AND PRINTING RIGHTS
MDC Publishers actively involved in getting rights from International Publisher like the United Nations, World Bank, International Labour Organization, World Health Organization Oxfam, Commonwealth Secretariat to publish locally bilingual versions of their printed materials in English and Bahasa Malaysia. The company retained its own qualified translator to translate and produce publications of other languages. Its also has under its employment a qualified proof-reader.
Here are some of our best-selling titles on translations and printing rights;
- International Finance and Developing Countries in Years of Crisis - United Nations
- Financing for Development - United Nations
- Global Environmental Risk - United Nations
- Emerging World Cities in Pacific Asia - United Nations
- Water for Urban Areas - United Nations
- Water Management in Islam - United Nations
- The Role of World Trade Organization in Global Governance - United Nations
- Human Rights and Comparative Foreign Policy - United Nations
- Emerging Forces in Environmental Governance - United Nations
- Perspectives on Growth and Poverty - United Nations
- Ergonomic Checkpoints - international Labour Office
- Work Improvement in Small Enterprises - International Labour Office
- Safety and Health in the Use of Chemical at work - International Labour Office
- Safety, Health and Welfare on Construction Sites - International Labour Office
- Management of Alcohol and Drug Related Issues in the Workplace - International Labour Office
- Violence at Work - International Labour Office
- Workplace Violence in Services Sectors and Measures to Combat this Phenomenon - International Labour Office
- Education and HIV/AIDS - World Bank
- Quality in Public Sector Series - HB Publications, London, U.K.
- A Profile of the Public Services of Malaysia - Commonwealth Secretariat
We work with many Government agencies, Universities and Academia's to come out with good quality books. Being in the industry for more than 30 years and strength in marketing and in-house facilities, many authors seek our help in producing their work.Some of these titles are being produce in bilingual version.
Here are some of best-selling titles of co-publishing;
- Atlas of Food Exchanges and Portion Sizes 1st / 2nd Edition – Prof. Madya Dr. Suzana Sahahar, Prof. Madya Dr. Noor Aini, Dr. Nik Shanita Safii, Rafidah Ghazali & Roslina Ahmad (Department of Nutrition and Dietetics, University Kebangsaan Malaysia)
- Undang-Undang Jenayah di Malaysia Datin Nor Aini / Dr. Siti Zaharah (Law Faculty, University Malaya)
- An Annotated Bibliography of Nutrition Research 1985-2010 - National Institutes of Health, Ministry of Health Malaysia
- Malaysian Food Composition Database 2010 - National Institutes of Health Ministry of Health Malaysia
- Delivering Governance, in the South Asian context - Mr. Mussadaq Mohammad Khan (United Nations ESCAP, Bangkok)
- Notes on Knee Replacement - Dr. Lopez Jaiya Mohan MBBS (Mal), FRCS (Edin.);FRCS (Glasg.), FACS (Speciality Orthopaedic Surgeon) - Tawakal Hospital)
- Handbook for Pre-School Teachers and Parents - Hjh. Maria Don (Expatriate living in Malaysia and own a Kindergarten centres teaching special Aboriginals kids)
- PASSION SI Bangsar Cookbook - Soroptimist International Bangsar
- Panduan Ibadat Haji dan Umrah - Dato' Hj. Ustaz Md. Daud Che' Ngah (Ex Tabung Haji Senior Officer)
- Kitab Nasbun Nuraini Jilid 1-20. Apa Di Sebalik Sembahyang dan Perubahannya Dalam 4 Mazhab dan Dalil-Dalilnya – Maulana Syed Noor Mohammad Syed Jamal (Rasul Khel) Al Husaini, Kelulusan Mufti Malaysia (Ex Pusat Islam Senior Officer)
- Undang-Undang Keluarga Malaysia – Datin Nor Aini – (Law Faculty, University Malaya)
Proven with own methodologies and marketing strategies, our company excels in promoting new publications. This activity is run by our highly qualified and competent marketing team capitalizing on the right marketing mix.
We have huge collection of up-to-date database consist from all the industries. Special flyer will be produced by our graphic designers to be distributed to relevant industries by mail. The pdf version will also be send out by e-mail.
ONLINE PURCHASING VIA E-COMMERCE WEBPAGE
Online shopping is an easy and comfortable way of shopping. Lots of time saved by doing so with more people prefer to make purchase online, thus getting an enormous change in the online shopping trends
Our E-commerce websites have expert image of vibrancy, competitiveness and efficiency. For that a powerful website builder software being used to make our e-commerce website fast. We have integration that helps accept real-time credit card processing instantly. The navigation section help user to quickly find and purchase products and process online purchases.
We have dynamically customizes the website so that user be able to have prior searches, page views, wish-list additions and written reviews.
Since early 80's till today, we have been actively participating local and international book fairs namely the Kuala Lumpur International Book Fair, Malaysia International Halal Showcase (MIHAS), INTRADE, Frankfurt International Book Fair, London International Book Fair, Beijing International Book Fair, New Delhi International Book Fair and Book Expo America. By this fairs we not only capture local market but also international market.
We also participate in trade fairs organized by Government Agencies and event management company and manned the selling of the books.
Bookstores often sells printed matter besides books, such as newspapers, magazines and maps; additional product lines may vary enormously, particularly among independent bookstores. We deal with major bookstores in Peninsular Malaysia and also Sabah and Sarawak like MPH, Popular and Kinokuniya. We also channel out our books to independent bookstores who normally doesn't carry international chains, but they are favourites bookstores among the locals. This bookstores normally situated out of the city and family run business from generation to another.
With a proven track record in marketing and many successfully distributorship arrangement not only for ourselves but for our partners, we have absolutely no doubt in our ability to successfully market books. Our planning has been and will be meticulous and our implementation precise.
" KNOWLEDGE AND QUALITY WE PRODUCE THE BEST "
Knowledge and Quality - these are the two things that shape MDC Publishers activities. We develop, manage and disseminate knowledge through books. We work with the world's best academics and authors in long-standing loyal partnerships based on mutual trust and we are always open to new input
We aim to offer excellence - Many of our publications are considered authoritative works in their field, read by academics and students, used by libraries and universities, academic professionals and practitioners in various branches of industry.