This guideline may be cited as a Manual of Recommended Practice on the Assessment of the Health Risks Arising from the Use of Chemicals Hazardous to Health at the Workplace 3rd Edition.
The manual provides practical guidance and advice for conducting an assessment of risk to health related to the use of chemicals hazardous to health (CHTH) at the workplace for compliance to the requirements of the Occupational Safety and Health (Use and Standard of Exposure of Chemicals Hazardous to Health) Regulations 2000 or as amended hereinafter referred to as USECHH Regulations.
This manual specifically provides a standardised protocol for assessor to conduct a full assessment using a method known as Chemical Health Risk Assessment (CHRA). This manual has also been designed to assist employers and occupational safety and health practitioners to understand the scope of the assessment sufficiently in their objective review of the report.
This manual will be reviewed from time to time. Written comments from any interested persons or parties are welcomed. These should be sent to the Department of Occupational Safety and Health (DOSH) for further consideration in improving the manual.
Director General Department of Occupational Safety and Health Malaysia 2017
* CHAPTER 1: INTRODUCTION
* CHAPTER 2: GATHER INFORMATION
* CHAPTER 3: DIVIDE INTO WORK UNIT
* CHAPTER 4: DETERMINE DEGREE OF HAZARD
* CHAPTER 5: ASSESS EXPOSURE
* CHAPTER 6: RISK DETERMINATION
* CHAPTER 7: CONTROL MEASURES
* CHAPTER 8: EXPOSURE MONITORING PROGRAMME
* CHAPTER 9: MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE PROGRAMME
* CHAPTER 10: CONCLUDE, RECOMMEND AND PRIORITISE
* CHAPTER 11: REPORT WRITING
* CHAPTER 12: REASSESSMENT
* CHAPTER 13: CONTROL OF RECORDS
* FORMS AND GUIDANCE NOTES ON FILLING FORM